Rantings, ravings, delusions, idle chat, and some poetry from an American - Belizean
Monday, March 15, 2010
My Poetry
Like most people, I began writing poetry in the midst of adolescence. After some years as a "grow up", I threw out all those angsty little tidbits and decided that poetry was the thing of drama queens and literary giants, one of which I not longer wanted to be and the other that I never believed I could attain. Some years back, while teaching English at Muffles Junior College, I was complaining about how much I despised proctoring final examinations because of the boredom of walking around, saying nothing, for 2 consecutive hours. A co-worker of mine suggested I write a poem, so then I began writing only during final examinations and joked that I would produce an anthology when I retired called, "The Final Poem". Then something magical happened in August 2008, really magical because I can't identify the trigger. I began writing poetry in earnest. And some of it wasn't half bad. For a brief time, I was nearly obsessed with poetry, even thinking poetically. It was a bit disturbing, but I seem to have found a balance between working, living, and poetry. I will start sharing them here. All poems posted on this blog are created by me unless otherwise cited. Any comments would be appreciated.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment